Sunday, November 29, 2009
I have a 5K this weekend in NASA. It is the 5K Reindeer Run. I can't wait. I really need to get back in the swing of things.
I have to say I haven't felt this good in a long time. It feels good to run. Well today I was being dragged by my freaky dog, Reba. I really need to socialize her. Poor thing, she was running as fast as she could away from any sign of life...a deer, a cat, another jogger, a rabbit. It was crazy but apparently it was great for my pace because at the end of my run, Joan Benoit Samuelson congratulated me on the best run ever. Wuu huu Reba! Pin It
Sunday, November 15, 2009
- Prayer Journal (altered composition book)
- bag of chocolate (Angel Kisses)
- bottle of water (Living Water)
- Purse Card
- small bottle of shampoo
- small bottle of cleansing gel
- disposable razor
I used composition books from Walmart and covered the inside, outside and front and back of each journal. I was a Valentine paper pack that I already had but never used. The candy bag was made with small candy bags from Walmart and I cut off about 3 inches from the top. Then I stapled it at the top. I then cut two circles from the same Valentine pack (one at 5.75 inches and one and 5.25 inches) and glued them together. I punched two holes across from eachother and pulled the ribbon through it and tied knots so that they couldn't be pulled out. I then stamped a sentiment from CDstamps.com and created a border around it with two pieces of cardstock from my scrap stash. I then, used my ATG gun and taped the folded circle over the top of the goodie bag. I created a purse card that is a tri-fold from GBS cartridge, using my Gypsy. I then borrowed an idea of wrapping the water bottle from Tammy with Christmas with a Cricut. She was a guest designer at Hallmark Scrapbook Blog. You can view the video here on how to make it. I made the goodie bag with things us gals normally forget when we go to a weekend retreat.
I have to tell you a little story about the prayer journal. As I was going over ideas in my head about how to decorate the journal, I couldn't make up my mind. I look through all my existing paper pads (you know the ones we all have) and just couldn't make up my mind. I went to stores and nothing stood out. So I decided to pray about it and ask God what He had envisioned. And He told me to make Love Journals. He said we are His Beloved and He wanted us to write to Him all our desires, hopes, dreams, joys, pains, and losses. So I took out a Valentines pack I purchased in January and never used (now I know why) and started to make the books. I knew He said "Love Letters" but when I went to the retreat website, I saw it was called "The Winds of Revolution". It didn't sound like anything to do with Love Letters and I started to doubt the word I heard. But in obedience I did it just like He asked. Well, on Saturday, after the morning a session, they gave us an assignment for the afternoon that we are to do in quietness with just us and God. And they said, "I want you to get out your journals that you brought to take notes and I want you to pen LOVE LETTERS to our Beloved. He has told me that He wants love letters from all of you. I just turned to all the women I made journals and my mouth just dropped open. We all had journals that said "Love Letters." Can I get an amen?
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Then I realized I don't have insect repellent and the mosquitoes were attacking me in the car. So I rush to drop the kids off and then rush to get repellent. Then I just cruise the streets looking for a park that is well lit. Apparently my area does not believe in being in parks after dark because none of them had lights.
So I came home and grabbed my biggest dog, which is my most psycho dog and went for a run in the neighborhood. Ya know, it is different when you are fighting a 45 pound dog and trying to force it to go forward. Oh, then she wants to chase rabbits and run from cars...it was very mentally taxing but I enjoyed it. And I think in the long run, so did she.
But I am worn. I have been on the go since 8 this morning and I am taking a short break to update my blog, read some forums..(Active.com is down again) and now I have to cook dinner and wash the sheets..and it is already 8PM. How does everyone do it? Pin It
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Our team name was From the Inside Out. You see MS is weird that way. You can look completely normal on the outside while your body is at war with itself on the inside. You can be running a marathon one day and then be paralyzed on one side of the body the next. We had about 12 people on our team. I was going to run but my husband said I wasn't ready. And he was right. After walking the mile then going to Woofstock with my sister, my ankle was acting up again. So next week I will start out slow with just walking and go from there.
If you still haven't signed up for a 5K... get off your rear and do it. You see, I signed up for one and only walked 1 mile. So what? There will be more 5Ks? No one looked at me funny or felt sorry for me or talked about me. We all had a great time and built memories. So get out there and do it! Pin It
Friday, November 6, 2009
- Where is your cell phone? couch
- Your hair? short
- Your mother? Home
- Your father? Home
- Your favorite food? Menudo
- Your dream last night? funny
- Your favorite drink? cherry Limeade
- Your dream/goal? famous
- What room are you in? living room
- Your hobby? Studying
- Your fear? failing
- Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy
- Where were you last night? Bible Study
- Something that you aren't? fashionista
- Muffins? Banana Nut
- Wish list item? creativity
- Where did you grow up? Texas
- Last thing you did? drive
- What are you wearing? shorts
- Your TV? on
- Your Pets? 5
- Friends? amazing
- Your life? joyful
- Your mood? bliss
- Missing Someone? Stepson
- vehicle? Pacifica
- Something your not wearing? shoes
- Your favorite store?By Design Scrapbook Boutique
- Your favorite color? green
- When was the last time you laughed? hour
- Last time you cried?month
- Your best friend? husband
- One place that I go to over and over? cricut.com
- Facebook? yes
- Favorite place to eat? Spanish Flower
I have a 5K this weekend and I can't wait. I received my number this past week. So while I am contemplating whether to run or walk, I thought Iwould share some information for those that are signing up for their first 5K.
- Don't wear your free Tshirt to the race. Save those for other races. They are usually cotton so you will probably want to wear a tech shirt anyway.
- Have an idea about your pace and don't go to the front of the pack at the starting point unless you plan to run to win. People at the front are trying to win and to have to weave around walkers or slower pace people makes it difficult...you'll understand as you run and have to go around someone. I usually start near the back. You usually will get a timing chip, it doesn't start your time until you go over the mat at the starting line.
- If you think you will take more than 45 minutes, take some water. There may not be water stops close enough to hydrate you.
- Practice running and drinking out of a cup. I know it sounds silly but they handed me a small dixie cup on my first run and I found I couldn't get the water from the cup to my mouth...it ran down my chin.
- Get there early enough to do a 5 minute warm up... you have a tendency to start running at the starting line because everyone else is running...but they probably did a warm up.
- Adrenaline is your friend on this day. You will find you will run faster and longer on this day than on your training runs.
- That being said...run your pace, not the guy's next to you. You could hit a wall if you start out too fast because you are trying to keep up with someone else.
- It is okay to walk...there are no police to scoop you up if you stop to walk.
- Most importantly, have fun and look for the free food at the end of the race...hey, you deserve it!
Happy Running!Pin It
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I have Bible Study tonight so I will get parts one and two uploaded before I leave, however, part three will come after Bible Study. They were really quick so kind of raw but you will get the idea. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will get to hone in on my video skills and produce better videos. I am new at this, so be gentle. :)
Happy Gypsying! Pin It
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Cricut App Version 1.2 Build 0142: 11/04/2009
*Note: Previous to this Circut App release, if you attempted to cut a design based on a template containing an image you don’t have the rights to cut (even though the template does not cut) the entire design would not cut.
Gypsy Sync Software (MAC/WIN): 11/04/2009
- Add the ability to transfer files to and from your Gypsy. Files that can be transferred are *.gypsy files. Yes this works.
- Skewing/SlantingWe are aware of an issue with Skewing/Slanting. This capability does not function properly when transferring files from Cricut DesignStudio and Gypsy. Files that have Skewing/Slanting in them may not have the same Skewing/Slanting or in some cases the Skewing/Slanting is completely removed. This only happens when transferring files. You can transfer files and then add Skewing/Slanting. This is known issue that we are still working to resolve. Images that have skewing/slanting that are transferred might not cut properly until this issue is resolved.
- Multi-page FilesTransferring designs with multiple pages from Cricut DesignStudio to Gypsy is available. You will also be able to create new multi-page designs on your Gypsy and cut them on your Gypsy. When transferring any multi-page design from Gypsy to Cricut DesignStudio the pages will all be combined into one page. This includes designs that were created in Cricut DesignStudio, transferred to Gypsy and then transferred back to Cricut DesignStudio. We recommend that you keep a copy of the original Cricut DesignStudio files when transferring them to the Gypsy and vice versa.
- Gypsy Sync (Mac)The installer does not automatically close the old version when installing the new version. You must close the old version when installing the new version.
- Gypsy Synch (Windows)The file list does not automatically refresh. You must refresh in order to see the updated file list.
- Gypsy HelpThe help files have not been updated since the previous version.
- Cricut Firmware Upgrades When Gypsy recognizes that the Cricut firmware needs to be upgraded the Gypsy will not tell you this until you hit the exit button. You can upgrade your Cricut firmware manually by pressing the menu button and selecting Upgrade Cricut.
I have a family to attend so I will be back later with a video of the updates and to test cutting. Off to church.Pin It
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Yesterday for Halloween I went on a late night bike with a couple of friends and my husband. It was my first exercise endeavor since my 10K. Sure I have mopped, hobbled, ventured through Walmart (which seems like a 10K to get from pet food to trash bags), climbed up and down stairs to help people with their software issues in the scrapbook world but just moving for the sake of exercise...not yet.
But yesterday after a nice quiet dinner with friends and handing out candy to kids, we went for a bike ride. It was so nice. I love bike rides. I love the feel of the wind in my hair, cruising a new neighborhood listening to the sounds of just everyday life. But the best part is I didn't feel any strain on my ankle or leg or knee. So while I still feel a little discomfort while walking, I now can at least ride my bike. So I guess I will do that for a while. Mentally, I will tell myself that I am training for a bi-athlon. Yeah, that's it. I am training on a bi-athlon. And for the next few weeks I will be focusing on biking...except next Saturday because I have a 5k.
That is right, a 5K next weekend. I may have to walk it but that is okay..I have proven to myself that I can run a 5K and and 10K. So if I have to walk, that is okay.
Oh, and a shout out to my online pals, Mr. and Mrs. F, they just completed Couch to 5K, check out their blog A Fat Man Running .Pin It