Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Running with Reba

I really thought I wasn't going to get my run in today. I had planned to run after picking up my daughter from school. It was my understanding that another parent was going to drop off and pick up but no. I was dropping and the other parent was picking up. So I knew I was not going to have time to run before taking them, which means I would have to run in the dark.

Then I realized I don't have insect repellent and the mosquitoes were attacking me in the car. So I rush to drop the kids off and then rush to get repellent. Then I just cruise the streets looking for a park that is well lit. Apparently my area does not believe in being in parks after dark because none of them had lights.

So I came home and grabbed my biggest dog, which is my most psycho dog and went for a run in the neighborhood. Ya know, it is different when you are fighting a 45 pound dog and trying to force it to go forward. Oh, then she wants to chase rabbits and run from cars...it was very mentally taxing but I enjoyed it. And I think in the long run, so did she.

But I am worn. I have been on the go since 8 this morning and I am taking a short break to update my blog, read some forums..(Active.com is down again) and now I have to cook dinner and wash the sheets..and it is already 8PM. How does everyone do it? Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You know, Minnesota may get butt-freezing cold, but at least that puts an end to the mosquitos until late spring!

    ReplyDelete