Sunday, May 17, 2009

W2D2

Well, I am really excited! I didn't plan to run today but I was so scared that my Nike mini was going to start talking smack to me, that I went for my run about eight o'clock tonight. Thankfully it was nice and cool.

My Stats:
Distance: 3.66 km
Duration: 41'00"
Pace: 11'11"/km
Calories: 387.0
Avg HR: Unknown

I had one of those moments that I thought I would never have. During my first five minutes of warm up, I had a slight soreness in my groin area. Do women have a groin area? Anyway, I was worried about it but decided I would try to do the first two intervals and if it kept up, then I would stop. Well, I don't know when the pain went away. As a matter of fact, I forgot I even had the pain until I was watching a replay of The Biggest Loser and someone mentioned pain. But I pushed through it.

During my last run, I was kinda bummed because it was my first 90 second run interval and my pace was slower than my fastest pace recorded. I know because my Nike + usually has Tiger Woods or Joan Benoit or Lance Armstrong congratulating me when a do a best mile. Well, guess what? Today Tiger Woods congratulated me. I love hearing their voices because it means I have had a personal best, which means I am improving.

What I didn't expect:
  1. That I would ever push through a pain for a run.
  2. That I would be able to run a block and a half.
  3. That I would ever love running.

Oh, and by the way, my daughter ran with me tonight and she told me she was proud of me. What a great feeling.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment