Saturday, May 16, 2009

Confession Time

Ok, it is late Saturday night and I have had a busy day. I was up this morning at 6 am because my daughter had a swim meet today. We didn't get home until 2:30 pm and I took a brief nap. We went to the Strawberry Festival for a few hours and walked around...ok ok... I am stalling.

My motivation to running is that I want to be a runner and I want to run with my daughter but in the back of my mind I am thinking...ya know if I start running miles and miles...I won't feel as guilty for eating the things that I do. I don't know if I am ready to give up the "good" stuff. I know I can. For Lent, I gave up sweets...and I am not even Catholic.

So there it is, if I run more, perhaps I won't have to get hungry.

Something I didn't expect:

I put on a bra that I had at the back of my closet because it was a bit too tight. Well I wore it all day today and it was comfortable. Which I did expect because if I am going to lose weight, I do it on top first, even though I gain it first on my thighs. I think when God told Moses to write down what went down in the garden when they ate the forbidden fruit, He left out part of the curse. ( "Oh and Eve, since you ate the fruit first, you will be the first to gain weight and Adam will lose it faster. And when you do gain weight, you will gain it in your thighs first but you will lose it first in your breasts." Who said God didn't have a sense of humour? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment