Thursday, May 10, 2012

Go Go Gadgets Top Five

 I am obsessed with all things techy.  I love reading articles about the tech world.  Given $200 and an hour to spend it and I will go online and probably buy me an accessory for my Ipad or Iphone.  Techy gadgets are one size fits all.  I don't have to try on anything.  So I thought today would be a great day to share some of my finds for my gadgets.  Are you ready?  Here we goooooo!

1)  Zaggfolio  




It is a portable keyboard and cover in one.  It turns your Ipad into a notebook and it does it with little bulk.  When your Ipad is inside the case, you can use your screen in landscape. However, if you remove your ipad from the case you can still use it in portrait by simply using the groove in the keyboard to hold up IPad.  The keyboard offers several function keys, including Mac's cmd button.  It has quick keys for your photos, volume, copy and paste.  The keys are spaced well so using the keyboard feels natural.  I type at the same speed as I do on my PC with a full keyboard.  When you are done, just fold and go.  Because I am still only a girl that loves gadgets....one of my favorite features is the abitlity to customize the look of your Zaaggfolio.  The keyboard comes in all white, all black and silver with black keys.  The cover comes in several colors and materials.  I have the orange one.  Maybe one day I will get the pink one or plum one to match my purses.  It makes blogging from my IPad very easy.

2)  Blog Docs- Google Docs is an app that you can find at the app store.  It is an app that allows you to blog and upload your entries to Blogger and Wordpress (among others).  What makes it special is that you can insert pictures from your IPad into your entry.  You can create hyperlinks and use HTML.  It has a built in web browser that allows you to create hyperlinks, insert pictures straight from the internet and partial web page capture (take a snap shot of a web page with a touch of a button).  You can draw on pages, draw over pictures that you insert and create a hyperlink on your image.  For example, you can draw your signature and create a hyperlink for it.  You can write emails and create signatures. You can insert videos from youtube into your articles.  It is the only way I blog.  I can blog anywhere and I do.  I think it is on sale right now at the app store.


The Movie Mount is a case that allows you to mount your IPad to a tripod, allowing you to make videos with your IPad2.  Now I know what your are thinking, "The IPad 2 doesn't have a decent camera."  Hear me out on this one.  If you plan to make a blockbuster movie, you are right.  It is crappy for that.  But if you want to make youtube videos, such as this one that I made...Stand up Paper Doll.  I recorded, edited, uploaded to Youtube and blogged this video...all from my Ipad2.  I didn't have my Movie Mount yet so I rigged my IPad to the tripod and it dropped 4 times while filming....I don't recommend rigging your IPad. It has two shotguns for microphone and lighting.  You can also attach lenses to it and slide them back and forth over the camera on the fly.  I have a macro, wide angle lens and telephoto lens.  I can't wait to use them but since they are a Mother's Day gift from my family, I have to wait until Sunday.  They also have a free app that allows you to lock focus point, white balance and exposure.  You can set a timer and monitor audio recording level.  

4)  Frametastic app from the app store.  If you are a scrapbooker, you will love this app.  It allows your to combine several pictures into one.  So for all those Project Lifers, this one is for you. If you have weeks that have too many pictures so you need two pictures to fit on one 4 X 6 slot or you have two vertical pictures that need to go in a horizontal slot ....yup you guessed it.  It can do that.   I took these two lovely pictures of my precious granddaughter and her parents and combined them.




The ratio is 3:2 so I can print them at 4X6 and don't' have to worry about any weird cropping from the service that I use to print my pictures.  This is just one of many frames.  My only drawback is they don't have a 7:5 ration for a 5X7 picture. I think it was 99 cents.  I know, I know it is not free but just imagine how much money you will save when you can print 1 4X6 instead of two wallet size.  It is definitely worth it.

5)  Walgreens app from the app store is a must have if you use Walgreens to print your photos.  I simply upload my pictures from my IPad to Walgreens and pick them up....nuff said.

I hope you found some of these items interesting. I use them on a daily basis.  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

1 comment: