Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Pinteresting Idea



Have I mentioned I am addicted to Pinterest?  Well I am.  My original perception about my Pinteresting was that I actually use or make the items that I pin.  But I just realized that I have 748 pins and I have used maybe 20 of the ideas. (sigh)

But today I am going to show you one item I did make.  I spent months planning, replanning, designing my scraproom I have a whole board on Pinterest just for my scraproom.  And after months of planning it is still not completely done but I love it.  I love being in there. I just open the door and I go "AHHHHHH! " and I feel refreshed and enernergized.  Who knew color had THAT much affect on you.  Ok, I have side tracked...where was I?  

Oh yes...my project.  I saw this lamp or something on pinterestPinned Image

and I knew I wanted it or a version of it. It was inexpensive and cute!  I had a cheap lamp I bought from Walmart.


See it?  So sad.  (Sorry for the bad picture but I forgot to take a picuture of it before I started to convert it, so I had to find a picture with it in the picture.)  Well I bought some coffee filters and got out my hot glue gun and I got to work.


I folded each coffee filter in half and then in half again and then in half again until I had this triangle, folded down the top two inches and placed a generous amount of hot glue to the filter.


I started at the top and started to place the coffee filters next to eachother.  I don't know if you can tell but I staggered each row so that I did not create perfect columns going down or perfect rows going across.  

BE CAREFUL!  The glue is really hot so I used a ruler to press down each filter. (this is actually the bottom of the lamp.  Once I was done, I just trimmed the bottom points of the filters on the last rows so that they didn't hang below the fluff.


When you are done, you have a cute lamp!


Thanks for stopping by!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment