Saturday, June 19, 2010

60 miles and 50 pounds

I ran on Friday. It was not a great run. I still felt sluggish but I got my rear on the treadmill and ran. I find it hard to run and cough at the same time. So I only did a little over a mile and then called it day. Besides, I had to pick up my daughter from swim practice.

But Monday starts my 20 week training for Komen's 3 day 60 mile walk in Dallas on November 5-7th. I am really excited about this run. And the best thing...my first day of training is rest. Yes, you read that right...rest. Then the following happens:
Monday...rest
Tuesday... 3 miles easy walking
Wednesday...15 minutes of moderate cross training (bike ride)
Thursday...4 miles moderate walking
Friday...30 minutes easy cross training
Saturday...6 miles easy walking
Sunday... 4 miles easy walking

I am excited about this. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will walk 20 miles each day for 3 days. So I will probably run bits of this training. I have a 5K coming up in July and another one is September and a 10K in October.

I am going to Puerto Rico in November, 10 days after my walk and I would love to be 50 pounds lighter. There, I said it. I want to lose 50 pounds by November 18th. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. public goals are good ones! I have friends doing the 3 day....maybe I will do it one year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 mi in three days? WOW! Good for you and everyone else completing that! Your training schedule looks good.

    Puerto Rico sounds great! Good luck with the 50 pounds!!

    I found your blog at active.com. I'm CinciMom11 on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cinci!

    Christina..I have to make it public. Doing it in the dark means I can hide it and forget it.

    ReplyDelete