Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Christmas



  As my daughter gets closer to graduating, the more I think about my last years with her.  It seems like just yesterday I was taking her to her first day of school.  And now, in a blink of an eye, she is a Junior. It doesn't hit me more than when I have to write or say Junior.  You see, to me, she is still just Gabrielle.  She is still my little girl.  So all you new moms, take heed.  When someone says time just flies, believe it.  I use to just smile when I heard those words when my daughter was younger.  But you want to know something?  They are right.  Where did the time go?  Next year she will be a Senior and then off to college.  And when she leaves, this will become her childhood home.  It will no longer be a place of comfort and family and home.  No, it will become a memory that she revisits from time to time for Holidays.  I have 18 months left and I want to make them count.  Oh, how I envy those that read this while their baby naps or are at school.  How I wish I could go get one more glass of water before she goes to bed or carry her to her room.  No, for me, those days are gone.

So this past year, while pinning, I came across several lists of things to do for 25 days in December.  So I decided to try one this year. But with two funerals in two months time, both out of town, I fell behind in my Christmas planning. So I didn't create my list until November 30th.  That's right.  I gave myself less than 24 hours to prepare for this task.

My mission:  To invite as many teenagers as possible to show up at my house everynight for 25 nights.  We would create memories for them and they will learn the true meaning of Christmas...spending time with family and friends, give and do for others.  My goal was to do something in the kitchen, something in the neighborhood and something in the heart each week.  I made 20 invitations in My Digital Studio, a digital scrapbooking software offered by Stampin Up!.   


I printed two per page and printed ten pages.  Eventhough, I only printed twenty, anyone that has one can bring friends.  No one is obligated to come everyday  The days in bold are activities that fall on Saturday and Sunday.  My goal is to share with you each day...the good and the bad.  Wish us luck!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment