Thursday, April 19, 2012

You Should be Dancing Yeah!

You should be dancing yeah!

I don't know if it was the Glee week of Saturday Night Fever ( I love me some John Travolta in a white suit).

Or if it was just me doing what I love to do.  But this week I started Zumba classes. And I LOVE IT!!  I love dancing.  When the music starts the first 8 count, my toes start tapping and my hips start shaking.  Which could explain why I don't like slow songs.  I can't shake my bootie to slow songs.  

So last night I walked into the Tiger's Den and shook my bootie for an hour.  I had no idea it would be such a work out.  I just envisioned getting out there and shaking my boo thang and having a good time.  But I found myself out of breath and wondering if I was going to last....and we had only done the warm up song.  Hello!  It was during these songs that I regretted not wearing my Polar watch. This data junkie wants to know how many calories I burned.

But the great thing is when I knew the song or I was familiar with the steps (meringue, salsa, cumbias)  I forgot I was working out and just got into the moves...shake shake shake senora...whooooo don't get me started.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment