Thursday, January 21, 2010

I almost talked myself out of it

I woke up this morning at 5:40 am. If you follow my blog, you know that I am not a morning person. But for the past week and a half I get up at 3:40 am and go to bed about 9:30pm. It seems to be working for me. So today waking up at 5:40 felt like a treat.

About 7am I started to debate about running on the treadmill. It was foggy outside so I knew I couldn't go outside to do it. So I decided to just hang out in my bedroom until about 7:40. And then I dropped my daughter off at school.

And here is where I fool myself. I got home and instead of going to work, I threw on my running shoes, strapped on all my monitoring devices and hit the treadmill running before my brain knew what was going on. It felt so much better than what it did two days ago. I felt more at ease. I think the fact that Holmes on Homes was on the big screen helped alot. But I am not going to lie to you...I kept my eye on the mileage and stopped as close to 2 miles as possible. I didn't want to be under but I wasn't worried about being over.

Taking the month or so hiatus really shows in my running. My pace is a bit slower and I slowed down to a fast walk twice. But I know from experience that it will get better. So I am not going to beat myself up over it.

When my hubby got home from work we decided to ride our bikes to the post office and back. By that time, the fog had burned off and the day was beautiful. The trails are still wet from the rain so it was tough plowing through the mud. We decided to take the roads on the way back because...well lets face it...I was tired. By the end of the ride we had covered 3.79 miles. Which brings my total mileage of movement for the day to 5.89 miles. Wuu huu! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You can do it and you are an inspiration! I started Weight Watchers and I'm going to start riding my bike. Maybe at some point I can try some slow jogging, hehe. By the way I am totally interested in the swarm so email me the info sweets! hugs from the other side of town!

    ReplyDelete