Friday, July 10, 2009

New Runner MIA.... Reward if found

I have no idea what is up with me. I would like to say I have been really busy this week but that wouldn't be true. I could say I was sick but then I would be lying. I could say I injured myself on my last run...but again... a lie.

So why haven't I run all week? Why is my mini giving me smack? I am not going to make any excuses. Lazy... maybe. Scared? Perhaps. I have a 5K coming up next Saturday and I have not run outside in a long time. So I told myself I would start getting up early and run outside for Week 7 and Week 8. But I am not a morning person, so by the time I get up and see the time, I feel defeated and end up not running at all.

It's all mental. And I have to snap out of it. Get up in the morning and if I don't run anyway. Prove to myself that I can do this....I mean I have come this far and I can do this. I have a habit of starting things and not completing them. Not because I can't because I won't. Even with work projects, the last 5% of any project is a mental game with me. It isn't that I am tired or mentally drained or confused. I don't know what it is but it won't win this time. I have put safety nets all around me. I am prepared and I will finish.

You guys are one of my safety nets as well as my buddies on Weight Watchers and Nike plus. Thank you for all your wonderful comments. Kick me in the rear, if you feel I need it. I don't mind. :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment