Monday, June 1, 2009

Lost Nike Plus receiver...Reward if found

Sigh. Today is W3D3 of my C25K and I couldn't find my Nike Plus receiver nor my armband. I know, I know. Why aren't they in your chest, you know the one you posted about last week?

I'll tell you why, because I was in a hurry on Saturday and took my nano to the beach in a pink belkin case I got at the dollar star. That's right. You know those cases you can get at Target or Best Buy for the Nano, the previous one to the newest version, for about twenty dollars? Well, because it is not for the latest and greatest version of nano, you can buy it at the Dollar Tree. No joke.

Anyway, back to the day it all happened. I was in a hurry and I remember switching cases but I don't know what I did with the armband one. And inside the armband, is the receiver. It has a place to hold a key while you run but I used it for the receiver when I am not using it.

So, I searched high and low for it and I can't find it. I wanted to use the new application I got for free for my Iphone that allows you to use your own playlist as it verbally prompts you to do run, walk etc. It was great and maybe when I stop fretting about my Nike Plus, I'll tell you about it. So I will give you the cliff notes version
  • No nano
  • Used C25K program on Iphone ( I really did like it)
  • Played my own playlist
  • I had to stop running on the last 3 minute run (stopped at 90 secs--another reason I love the application--tell you when I stop fretting what it does)
  • Can't use IMapMyRun while using C25K app...bummer
  • Couldn't get real time information on my pace...that really helps me stay motivated
  • If I had my receiver I could use C25K and still get real time pace and distance information
  • Used MapMyRun to map my run...Did 2 miles in 35 minutes.
  • Bummer: My mini won't be updated
  • Bummer: My goal of 24 miles this month will probably be reached but not recorded because it tracks from my Nike +
  • Darn you Nike for getting me addicting to this too cool gadget. If I don't find it tonight, I'll have to go tomorrow and get a new one

So I will do W3 a few more times. So I didn't finish the last three minutes. Doing the 90 seconds was easy and it was hard last week. So I am improving.

Oh, on a side note A friend of mine asked me if me and my husband want to join her and her boyfriend in a Muddy Buddy race in Dallas, in October. Sounds like fun so I am going to do it. See if there is one in your area and sign up with a friend. It looks like tons of fun.

So much to say but I am bummed about the Nike +, need time to look for it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment