Monday, June 1, 2009

I just can't let go

Ok, here is why it irks me to lose it and run without it. Because I am a tracking freak. I want my Mini to show my last workout. You can't edit your workouts on Nike + so I can't go back and add it. It also won't show on my Goal ticker that I did the 2 miles. Two miles may not seem like much but for me it is a big deal.

Take a deep breath, let go and let God.

Ok so here is a review of the C25K application on Itunes. My bad, it is $2.99. It integrates with Facebook. By the way I am Rozette Peckham at Facebook. Search for me and add me as a friend. Just mention you came from SeeFluffyRun or Weight Watchers and I will let you in. So here are some of the Pros and Cons.

Pros
  • You can make your own playlist
  • It prompts you when to run/walk/cool down with a bell and voice
  • It does a countdown for each interval (when doing 90 sec run, the screen will display a countdown from 90 secs)
  • It gives you a halfway prompt (if you are running outside, this is a nice feature that tells you when to turn around)
  • It keeps track of your runs
  • If you need to start over, you can just reset and it will reset to W1D1
  • If you were not able to complete a session you can edit that session as not done

Cons

  • You cannot run another application, like MapMyRun so that you can track your distance
  • It does not include GPS so it doesn't track your distance
  • If you want to skip a song or need a power song to play, you can't control your music without turning off C25K, since you have to leave the application to get to Music
  • The audible prompts do not get louder, so if you music is really really loud (and that is not good for your ears anyway) you may miss a prompt

Overall it is a great application to use if you want to use your own music. I am still waiting for that perfect application that does GPS and/or stride (like Nike +), has a chest band that keeps track of heart rate, that I can use C25K and allows me to play my own music. Until then, I am going to continue to look like the Bionic Woman with my HRM, my Nano for my Nike+ and my Iphone for safety and C25K and my personal playlist.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment