Saturday, February 2, 2013

Did someone say bacon?

  Today I am going to share a quick tip saw on the Food Network that changed my life FOREVER!!!!!  It's how to cook bacon.  I know, I know you're saying how can cooking bacon be a life changer?  Introducing my bacon loving hubby.


This man loves his bacon.  He is Canadian, but no it's not Canadian Bacon...but he loves that also.  So each Saturday I make  pancakes and bacon.  And at least once a week he makes himself a bacon and tomato sandwich.  Prior to this new method of cooking bacon, I use to bring out this big skillet, put on a fireman's uniform, to prevent from burning from grease splatter, and cook the bacon.  Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating a little bit.  There wasn't any fireman's uniform, though it should be required, but there was a lot of ducking and dodging grease balls flying through the air.  And when all was said and done, I had this skillet full of bacon grease that I had to let cool down some and poor into my grease container for disposal.  What a nightmare!

But in walks the Food Network and they share this tip on cooking bacon.  If you place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and then place the bacon flat on the parchment paper, you can cook your bacon in the over.  And yes, it does taste like regular bacon.  The trick is to place the bacon inside a COLD oven and then set the heat for 400 degrees.  I usually cook mine for 14 minutes.  The bacon cooks while the oven is heating up.  Then when  you are done, just roll up the parchment paper and throw it in the trash.  It's like it never happened.

Here is what you need:


This is what you do:


It is so simple.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment