Monday, January 7, 2013

Quick cupcake tip

Over the Christmas season I had a delimma.  You see, my husband works for UPS, so Christmas is the busiest time of the year for him.  He plays Brown Santa from the Monday after Thanksgiving until 11pm Christmas Eve.  At 11 he hands the reigns over to Red Santa so that Santa can fill this world with magic.

So I end up going to all the Holiday events alone.  :(  One night, while at a friend's house, she served these delicious cupcakes.  I had to share them with my hubby. Which means they had to survive the journey home.  Now, I hate squashed food and my hubby is no different.  We looked around her kitchen for something to pack the cupcakes in to keep them safe.  Cellophane over small paper plate...no.  One paper plate over another paper plate....no.  Cute cupcake holder...no (let' s face it,  I am the worst at returning kitchen ware.  (The secret is out....letting me borrow something from your kitchen is practically giving it away to me.)  

And then it donned on me...Solo cups.  Did you know that many normal sized cupcakes fit neatly in them?  They do!  And...And...get this...those cups fit in your cupholders in your car.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!  So it serves several purposes. 1.  You can only take home as many cup holders you have in your car. (Great if you have no restraint against the yumminess of cupcakes)  2.  Frosting doesn't get squashed.  3. Your hubby gets a nice surprise after spending 14 hours being Brown Santa



Whoda thunk it?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment