Saturday, July 7, 2012

Like riding a bike

Let me start by saying, that I have not painted my nails since I was a teenager. But they say it is like riding a bike, once you learn, you never forget. However this bike had 20 speeds and my first ride in a long time was uphill for a mile. You would think I just pick up some nail polish and just paint my nails. No,no, that was too simple, to easy. I chose to do a a gradient nail with two contrasting colors. 

What is a gradient nail?  It is a nail technique of taking two nail polishes and blending them into one on your nail. I was browsing Pinterest (Pinterest always gets me in trouble), and I saw this pin these cool looking nails:


Pretty, eh?  It looked easy....so I thought. Here is my interpretation :

Her tutorial is fabulous. (Click the picture of her nails to see her how-to video.)  It was what we call in the software world a user error.  I should have started out with a simple one coat of polish on the nail instead of this beautiful fancy nail. But she has me intrigued and I am off to buy more polish and try this technique again.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment