Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge


The Cricut Circle Blog just opened this weekend and Saturday was so exciting! Thank goodness I have an Iphone, so that I could keep up with all the prizes. The blog is open to everyone for a few more days but then it will close to circle members only. But if you interested, click here and you can check it out. The designers are amazing! But they also have two challenges, a Weekly challenge and a Monthly challenge. Here is my entry for the weekly challenge. It is a more decked out version of my calling card for the upcoming Circle event in Houston. I used French Manor to make the chair and the chandelier. I made the cushions for the chair from George and Basic Shapes. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss my white cardstock and it is matted on a 3X3 piece of black cardstock.
I used my Gypsy to make this. I always design first on my G and then use it to cut. I can't wait until my Gypsy can talk to my Imagine. Oh, the conversations they are going to have! Here is what it looks like on my G.
I label all my layers. It just makes it easier. My first layer is my design and this layer has every cut that I need to make. I zoomed it in a bit so that you could see it. If you don't have a G, this is not zoomed to the max. It can get bigger.


Then each layer behind it is an element of the design. Because I am making over 50 calling cards, I crammed as many chandeliers as I could on this page. I cut this on some silver paper that I got at Tuesday Morning. It is American Craft and a pack of 25 sheets of this silver metallic paper were in the pack. It is really thick so I used multicut of 2. My husband thought I was actually cutting metal when he saw my CE cutting. I won't bore you with the other layers, they look pretty much the same.

Have a great week!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice and I am Still Thinking how I will Create something with the cartridge!
    Rexann

    ReplyDelete