Tuesday, August 4, 2009

W8D3 and counting

So, I have been struggling lately with getting up early. I am pretty much jumping out of bed and running straight for the office and working. But I really need balance in my life. For whatever reason, I have taken up watching TV. If you knew me in person, you would know that I cannot commit to any TV show. I can't remember what day they air or what time or even what channel. I usually end up watching the last show of reality shows. You know get the whole season wrapped up in two hours. Work smart, not hard has been my motto.

Well, since I started running on my treadmill or the treadmill at the gym, I have taken a new interest in TV watching. I want to stay entertained for the duration of my run. So my interests in watching TV has caused me to research show and the times they air. I am such a geek.

But last night I went to bed early in hopes that I would get up early to run. I didn't. I was up early, about 7am but I wanted to be out of the door by 6:30 am. So I sat down and did my Bible Study...balance, remember? When I finished the study, I heard the DJ on the radio say it was only 84 degrees. Hot dog!! I threw on my shoes and got my husband and I went for a run outside while he rode the bike. It was nice.

I love running on the paths that go over small streams, past the middle school, through the woods and drop me off in front of my neighborhood. I felt so alive. There was so much to look at that I didn't constantly look down at my watch or calculate my pace. And by the end of the run, I felt rejuvenated. I didn't encounter the beast that I see on the treadmill. She did not show up and I was pretty glad. I can't believe I ran the whole thing. There was a time when walking that distance was a struggle. Now, it was like a walk in the park. (pun intended)

So I think for the rest of my Couch to 5K, I am going to try to get up early and run outside. Pin It

1 comment: