Tuesday, December 2, 2008

They say its your birthday, It's my birthday too!




Well today, or actually yesterday was my birthday. Where does the time go? I was just looking at the clock and it was 9pm. Now it is 1 in the morning. Well I had to try to take a picture of the sky last night. If you missed it, it was amazing. The Crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter were very close in the sky and for brief moment they were in a straight alignment. No big deal you say? Well if you missed it, you probably will never see it. The next time this will happen is 2052. This was a very rare and beautiful moment.

I would like to think God did it for me. :) Well, it could happen. Today is my birhtday. Which brings me to my second picture, the birthday card. I had so much fun making it. I used my new Cricut Expression. I love this machine! I bought it on Black Friday for only $199.00 Can you believe it? It came with two amazing carts, Plantin SchoolBook and Home Decor which is a brand new shape cartridge that debuted in the Walmart Black Friday Bundle. And to boot, if you purchase a Cricut Expression between Oct 15 and December 15, you can mail off your receipt and rebate form for two additional cartridges for free! All you pay is $7.95,for shipping and handling. Pinch me because I must be dreaming. It does take up a bit more room than my original Baby Bug but it is awesome. I made this card using my new Expression and my Celebrations Cartridge. I am looking for an SVG format of the cupcake so that I can weld two cupcakes together and they become the base of the card. I haven't found one that I like. I don't have Design Studio or I would use it to weld the ones from Celebration cart. But I can't justify in my head to buy DS when I already own SCAL. (Sure Cuts Alot).
If you haven't heard of SCAL or used it then you are in for a big eye opener. It allows you to cut all True Type Fonts on your computer, ding bats and SVG files. You can get Inkscape for free and create your own SVG files or you can Google for free ones. There are tons of free ones on the web. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Very cute card. You will love the Expression more as you use it... It's a great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the moon and planet and it was beautiful!!! Great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. And I DID see the stars/planets align just so, but didn't realize it was so rare. Thanks for letting me know!

    I too got the Wal-Mart Black Friday Cricut Expression deal--as a gift from my hubby. Now I need to learn all about it--I am a cricut newbie! I'll be back to your blog to learn more!

    Take Care,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete